Tuesday, July 22, 2008

NYC Day 5 ... Tuesday Night










Well, tonight we had a great time together. First we had a talent show. What a funny group of students! Several of the boys wrote and performed their own songs about team members and themselves. It was quite entertaining. They also did Irene, and some of them even learned our drama "Everything" in about 20 minutes. They did really good for having just learned it! Stan and I did an improv of Carmen Moix and John Long. Stan was Carmen and I was John Long. We had three judges with us ... Simon, Paula, and Randy ... I mean, Stan, Mama Muller, and John Long. Simon, I mean Stan, said Carmen & John were the hands-down winners, but he was overridden by the American public who, in an unprecedented move, awarded Corey the MC the award for the best performance of the night! Congrats to Corey! It was good times.

Following the talent show, we took about 30-minutes and shared a lot of testimonies. It was great to hear the team begin to unpack and verbalize what God has been showing them and teaching them through this experience. As always, I reminded this team that missions is not meant to be a week-long deal, but a lifestyle that we are to embrace on a daily basis. Everyday we have opportunities to love and serve God by loving and serving others. We then had a beautiful time of worship and prayer.

After our time together honoring and thanking Jesus for all that He has done in and through us, we headed down to the basement for Pastor Anna's famous Death by Chocolate desert. It was delish! We only lost three students to actual death by chocolate, so not too deadly this time! lol

On a good but sad note, I called the Fowlers to check on Katie this afternoon. The bad news for us was that she was not going to be coming back out to rejoin us. The good news is that her injuries did not require stitches or any further treatment. This was my inclination, but due to the fact that her fingers were still bleeding pretty good 12-hours after the incident, I knew I would feel better if a doctor made the final call and not me. The team misses her and is praying for her.

Tomorrow morning we will get up, pack, eat, and begin our journey home. The good news on this front is that I was able to have the church van brought down here, so we are having John Long drive our luggage to the Ronkonkoma train station so that we don't have to haul it all back up and down the stairs in the stations. Everyone is super happy about this, including my sweat glands! lol

See ya tomorrow!

Much Love,
PK

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Well it sound like you guys had an amazing time. I cant wait to see all of you tomorrow and hear about your testimonies as you heard about ours. I am glad to hear Katie is fine. Umm PK I am sure you miss Mexico City it wasnt hot down there, lol. Just remember never forget what God has told you and to share it with your friends and family. I am also sad to hear that Stan didnt share any of his interesting pole dancing or posing with you guys. Then again you might be a little to young to see it. God bless all of you and I am praying for a safe return.