Sunday, July 20, 2008

NYC day 3 ... Sunday Morning








Today we woke up at 7:30am and had breakfast at 8:30am. After breakfast the worship team got together to practice. Stan Kubica came into the city to help us with worship, so it was fun to have him with us this morning. Thanks Stan! Before the service, we all joined together with several members of the church for prayer and intercession. I was proud of our students - several of whom stepped up and prayed publicly and passionately for God to do great things in the service. Once the service began, the worship team led worship for about 45 minutes. Following announcements and the offering, Pastor Ron turned it over to us. I shared a brief encouragement with the church and then had two of the students - Samantha and Jeff - share their testimonies. They both did a really good job. We then did our three dances and my intern Josh preached a tremendous message on God's promises. After the message the worship team led a couple more songs while some people received prayer. After the service we headed down to the basement where John had another delicious meal ready for us. Now we are chilling out for about an hour, and then we're going into Manhattan and I'm taking the team to the Top of the Rock. Should be fun!

Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
it looks like you guys are doing really nice things in Brooklyn.I been keeping all you guys and girls in mind whe I pray at night.Hope everything is good.God Bless. =]

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I can definitly see God is using you, everyone. I mean that though it might not seem like God is using you, he is. Everytime you talk with someone or help out you are allowing God to use you and someone notices it and can see God through you and your actions. Anyway I thought maybe a few of you might need some encouragement. I am praying for all of you and miss you, I am praying for your health and that you bless people along with people blessing you. Miss all of you and cant wait to hear all about your missions trip.

Anonymous said...

hey guys!!!!

looks like u guys are having so much fun! i wish i could be there with you!!! i've been praying for u guys!
Hey Lacey, my phone has been having battery problems i wonder why..................
haha anyways i'll see u when you get back!
I had better hear stories!!!

lots o love
emily =]

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are havin a grrreat trip! You are making a difference. We miss you here. See you soon. Prayin 4 ya, especially PK Ady Sarah and Dan for extra strength to do two trips back to back.
Kerry
PS- the office is lonely with just me and fred