Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Thank You Guys!

I just want to say thank you to those of you who have gone with us to the beach the last three weeks to show the love of Jesus in simple and practical ways. It is such a joy to serve Jesus with you and to touch lives through our example and simple acts of kindness such as giving away free food and drinks, and playing volleyball and basketball with kids from our community. Jesus said, "And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward" (Matthew 10:42). What we have done may not seem like a big deal, but to God is is special and important. Jesus also said, "I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was hungry and you gave me something to eat" (Matthew 25:31-46). You have made the Lord glad through your faithfulness! I am very proud of you, and I am really excited to see you learning the joy of serving. May this become your lifestyle, not just some youth event. Amen!
Share/Bookmark

No comments: